On Tuesday, April 28th, we gather with fellow workers, friends and family members to remember our brothers and sisters killed or injured on the job, and to re-commit to making our workplaces safer for everyone. In 2014, 19 workers lost their lives on the job in Nova Scotia. Ceremonies will be held to commemorate the Day of Mourning on April 28th around the province as follows:
- Halifax: Province House, 11 a.m.
- Kentville: Memorial Park, 7 p.m.
- Port Hawkesbury: Unifor Union Hall, 7 p.m.
- Cape Breton: Membertou Convention Centre, 11 a.m.
- Trenton: Trenton Park, 6 p.m.
View our Day of Mourning poster by clicking here.