These workshops are designed for members who are one to two years away from retirement. We cover topics on Unions’ role in Pensions; Canada Pension Plan and other Government Sponsored retirement benefits; Nova Scotia Family Pharmacare and Seniors Pharmacare; Nova Scotia Government Retired Employees Association; Nova Scotia Health Employee’s Pension Plan and the Public Service Superannuation Plan.
Each year, we send out invitations to these seminars to our members, based on information contained in our database. The information that we use to determine who is invited is your date of birth, your email address and the area in which you live. If we do not have this information, you may not receive an invitation.
The invitation emails are generally sent out two months prior to the seminar. We then compile all the applications and notify the accepted applicants about two to three weeks prior to the seminar. For most seminars we do have a waiting list so we encourage you to notify us if you are unable to attend.
We try to hold sessions in areas which will reach our members. Below are the sessions we have scheduled throughout the province for this year:
- March 10, 2018 – Metro – NSGEU Head Office
- April 21, 2018 – South Shore/Valley Area – Annapolis Basin Conference Centre (cancelled due to low registration numbers)
- May 12, 2018 – Truro Area – Dal Agricultural College
- October 20, 2018 – Antigonish/Cape Breton Area – Grand Lake Road Fire Hall
- November 24, 2018 – Metro – NSGEU Head Office
For further information on any of these courses, contact us at 424-4063 or toll-free 1-877-556-7438 or firstname.lastname@example.org.