How can I get help to write my resolution? And where do I submit it?

Okay, now that your idea is on paper, in the form of a resolution, it needs to be shared. Remember that the first place to share your resolution is at your Local.


To find out how and when you can bring your resolution to a Local meeting, contact your Local President and arrange a time at the Local meeting to discuss your resolution. If you do not have contact information for your Local President, contact the NSGEU for help. You can call 424.4063 or 1.877.556.7438

A motion of acceptance must be passed at your Local meeting. Once your resolution has been passed at your Local meeting, the form must be signed by the President and Secretary of the local and submitted to the NSGEU Head Office by March 8th, 2019.


  1. What is a Resolution?
  2. How is a Resolution written?
  3. How do I get a copy of the Resolutions or Constitutional Amendment Form?
  4. What if I want to change something in the Constitution and By-Laws?
  5. What are some examples of Previous Resolutions?
  6. How can I get help to write My Resolution, and where do I submit it?
  7. What are the roles of the Local, the Board of Directors, the Resolutions committee and the Constitutional Amendments Committee? 
  8. Check List Before you Submit Your resolution.