NSGEU believes in supporting members and their dependents who are continuing their education.
Every year, the union offers 15, $750.00 bursaries in the fall and 14, $750 bursaries in the spring to NSGEU members. These are awarded based on financial need.
Every year, the union offers one $2500, five $1500, and five $1,000 scholarships to dependent children of NSGEU members. These are awarded based on scholastic achievement.
Every year, the union offers 15, $1,000 bursaries to dependents of NSGEU members (these can include spouses). These are awarded based on financial need.
The following people have been selected as recipients of the NSGEU’s 2018 Spring Member Bursaries:
- Linda Sirota Memorial Award: Sarah Bungay (Local 100)
- Cheryl Morton Memorial Award: Kari Fraser (Local 1246)
- Lori-Anne Coffin (Local 66)
- Matthew Green (Local 119)
- Heidi Jollimore (Local 73)
- Natasha LaPierre (Local 100)
- Sandra MacDonald-Anderson (Local 267)
- Sara MacLean (Local 66)
- Samantha Maheux-LeBlanc (Local 72)
- Nesma Makhlouf (Local 7)
- Jasmine Moreash (Local 79)
- Colynda Pelley (Local 7)
- Rebecca Smith (Local 4)
- Jessica Wile (Local 35)