BLACK LIVES MATTER.
We are hosting three Summit options and we invite you to please pick one event to attend: (these will be links to registration page)
Monday, November 15th, 2021 – 12:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, November 16th, 2021 – 12:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, November 17th, 2021 – 12:30 – 4:30 p.m.
The NSGEU is hosting a Black Lives Matter (BLM) Cultural Impact Summit in November. I’m really glad that you are interested in joining us. This is the time to build a future that is better for everyone, not just the few – and we will do this by increasing people’s capacity to create a cultural change within organizations, their communities, and their lives.
A lot of the work has been done over the past number of years to help with issues of inclusion and diversity and we have begun to build the internal capacity and leadership skills of our partner organizations and friends from across Nova Scotia.
It is now time to come together to learn and positively impact workplace culture for African Nova Scotians and people of African descent.
Why you should engage…
- To play a critical role in the advancement and improved experience of people of African descent and African Nova Scotians.
- To convene with leaders and share the challenges of leading impact and culture change.
- To illustrate to your organization and our community the need for change is not an event but is ongoing.
- To collaborate with like-minded leaders to learn and build collaborative solutions.
- To make race a topic we all bring up, rather than leaving it to people impacted by racism to bring up race.
Here are some topics we will explore at the summit together…
- Understand the role of a culture leader and how to build personal capacity to be a more effective champion for BLM in your organization and society.
- Deepen your understanding of your biases and how to use your leadership privilege for good.
- Learn new techniques on how to lead people through constructive disruption while arousing motivation to change culture and how to organize (with others) the process needed to make the required changes.
- Explore one to two key actions you can take within your organization to make black lives better.
- Align with other allies on a comprehensive, interactive plan of action for applying the culture leadership techniques for change and mapping out the most appropriate means for achieving them.
- Meet and network with peers from across the province motivated to change culture for African Nova Scotians.
- Understand how to unify and share success stories to help build on the Black Lives Matter movement in Nova Scotia.