Local 70 – South Shore Regional Centre for Education Update on Total Compensation Alignment Process
Please see update below regarding our progress on the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) on Total Compensation Alignment (click here to view).
NSGEU met with your employer on Monday, January 30, to begin the process of assessing the base hourly rate of pay of NSGEU Local 70 SSRCE classifications, compared to similar classifications across Nova Scotia (AVRCE, TCRCE, CBVRCE, CCRCE, CSAP, HRCE, and SRCE). This process is complex and it will take at least a few weeks to continue to gather and confirm the data and any other relevant information.
During the meeting, the Union and the Employer agreed in principle, on the following next steps:
- NSGEU and the Employer will work to confirm the base hourly rates of pay for AVRCE classifications and similar classifications across other provincial education entities.
- NSGEU and the Employer will begin discussions on how to compare hourly rates of pay, based on a “Total Compensation” basis, for the same qualified and partially qualified classifications.
- NSGEU and the Employer will confirm an agreed method for determining each classifications hourly rate of pay from a total compensation perspective that will be used for comparison.
- NSGEU and the Employer will begin the process of establishing the “aligned” rate or the highest hourly rate of pay for each classification within Nova Scotia.
- The implementation of any hourly rate of pay increases will be as per the negotiated Memorandum of Agreement on Total Compensation Alignment, as follows:
- Date of Ratification (Nov. 9, 2022) – 1.5% parity adjustment as an advance on the ultimate alignment, which will be on top of any other negotiated general economic adjustments, unless that advance parity adjustment results in the creation of the new highest rate for a particular classification, in which case a partial adjustment to bring any such classifications to the top hourly wage rate in the Province, shall be applied.
- April 1, 2023 – Adjust the hourly rate to bridge 50% of the remaining gap with the aligned rate.
- August 30, 2023 – The parties agree to make best efforts to complete the compensation alignment analysis no later than this date.
- March 31, 2024 — Bridge the remaining gap with the aligned rate.
Please keep an eye on your email for further updates. We appreciate your patience as we navigate this process.
March 29, 2023
Local 45 – Université Sainte-Anne Bargaining Update: Tentative Agreement Ratified
The local has voted 92.5 per cent in favour of ratifying the tentative agreement negotiated with the employer. The bargaining...
March 28, 2023
Health Administrative Professionals Bargaining Unit Bargaining Update: Conciliation
As you are aware, talks at the bargaining table for the Administrative Professional bargaining unit broke off on January 19th,...
March 16, 2023
Locals 99-Dalhousie Support & 92-99-Agricultural Campus Support Bargaining Update – Please attend next Local meeting on March 23, 2023
Your bargaining committee tabled your bargaining proposals on February 21, 2023. Please contact NSGEU for a copy of the proposals....
March 14, 2023
Local 20 – Nova Scotia Hearing and Speech Bargaining Update: Vote Results
Your Local’s vote to accept or reject your employer’s final offer concluded today at 4:00 p.m. with 94 per cent...
March 10, 2023
Local 86 – Mountain Lea Lodge Bargaining Update: Tentative Agreement Ratified
The local has voted 90 per cent in favour of ratifying the tentative agreement negotiated with the employer. The bargaining...
March 10, 2023
Local 42 – CBS Operations & Support Bargaining Update: Tentative Agreement Reached. Information Session/Ratification Vote Scheduled
After Bargaining on March 7, 8 and 9, 2023, your bargaining committee is pleased to announce they have reached a...
March 3, 2023
Local 77 – Dalhousie University & Local 92-77 – Dalhousie Agricultural Campus Negotiations Continue
Contract negotiations between the employer and the union have been going well. We met on on February 23 and 24...
March 1, 2023
Nova Scotia Council of Nursing Unions: Bargaining Update
The Nova Scotia Council of Nursing Unions, Nova Scotia Health (NSH), the IWK and the Nova Scotia Department of Health...
February 27, 2023
Local 86 – Mountain Lea Lodge Bargaining Update: Tentative Agreement Reached, Ratification Vote Scheduled
Your bargaining committee is pleased to announce they have reached a tentative agreement with your employer. An information and ratification...