Local 73 – Annapolis Valley Regional Centre for Education: Update on Total Compensation Alignment Process
Please see update below regarding our progress on the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) on Total Compensation Alignment (click here to view).
NSGEU met with your employer on Friday, January 13, to begin the process of assessing the base hourly rate of pay of NSGEU Local 73 AVRCE classifications, compared to similar classifications across Nova Scotia (SSRCE, TCRCE, CBVRCE, CCRCE, CSAP, HRCE, and SRCE). This process is complex and it will take at least a few weeks to continue to gather and confirm the data and any other relevant information.
During the meeting, the Union and the Employer agreed in principle, on the following next steps:
- NSGEU and the Employer will work to confirm the base hourly rates of pay for AVRCE classifications and similar classifications across other provincial education entities.
- NSGEU and the Employer will begin discussions on how to compare hourly rates of pay, based on a “Total Compensation” basis, for the same qualified and partially qualified classifications.
- NSGEU and the Employer will confirm an agreed method for determining each classifications hourly rate of pay from a total compensation perspective that will be used for comparison.
- NSGEU and the Employer will begin the process of establishing the “aligned” rate or the highest hourly rate of pay for each classification within Nova Scotia.
- The implementation of any hourly rate of pay increases will be as per the negotiated Memorandum of Agreement on Total Compensation Alignment, as follows:
- Date of Ratification (Nov. 8, 2022) – 1.5% parity adjustment as an advance on the ultimate alignment, which will be on top of any other negotiated general economic adjustments, unless that advance parity adjustment results in the creation of the new highest rate for a particular classification, in which case a partial adjustment to bring any such classifications to the top hourly wage rate in the Province, shall be applied.
- April 1, 2023 – Adjust the hourly rate to bridge 50% of the remaining gap with the aligned rate.
- August 30, 2023 – The parties agree to make best efforts to complete the compensation alignment analysis no later than this date.
- March 31, 2024 — Bridge the remaining gap with the aligned rate.
Please keep an eye on your email for further updates. We appreciate your patience as we navigate this process
February 3, 2023
We are pleased to announce that members have voted 97 per cent in favour of the union’s recommendation to accept...
January 31, 2023
Your bargaining committee is pleased to announce that 95% of those who voted, voted to reject your Employer’s final offer...
January 27, 2023
Your bargaining committee will meet with the employer on Thursday, March 23rd for the purpose of exchanging bargaining proposals with...
January 26, 2023
The bargaining committee is pleased to announce they will be meeting with the employer on March 9, 2023. The committee...
January 26, 2023
Local 131 – High-Crest Sherbrooke Home for Special Care Bargaining Update: Tentative Agreement Reached
The bargaining committee is pleased to announce they have a tentative collective agreement of the substantive terms of the first...
January 23, 2023
Contract negotiations between the employer and the union commenced on Tuesday, January 17, 2023, and continued January 18 & 19....
January 19, 2023
After four (4) days of negotiations, the Bargaining Committee reached a tentative agreement with the employer late last night and...
January 4, 2023
Your bargaining committee exchanged proposals with the employer on December 20, 2022. Since then, we have had two additional days...
December 13, 2022
Your bargaining committee completed a second day of conciliation yesterday, Monday, December 12. This follows our first day of conciliation,...