*Please forward widely to all union and social justice allies*
Rally on FRIDAY, APRIL 24, 11:30 AM, PROVINCE HOUSE
Bring your pots and pans and make some noise!
The Liberal austerity budget:
– Freezes health care spending and privatizes home care
– Eliminates the Film Tax Credit
– Cuts funding to the Department of Environment
– Deregulates tuition fees
– Freezes social assistance rates
– Gives away millions more in corporate welfare
– And more
The Provincial government votes on the budget this Friday.
IT WON’T PASS QUIETLY!!!
Students, filmmakers, environmentalists, seniors, trade unionists, community groups, musicians, artists & more stand united against Stephen McNeil’s cuts and have formed a new #NSUnCut Coalition Against Austerity!
Join us for a rally tomorrow, Friday, April 24th, starting at 11:30 am at Province House. No Justice, No Peace!
The NSGEU is promoting this event as a member of the Federation of Labour and the Halifax-Dartmouth & District Labour Council.