The Cape Breton District Labour Council invites you to a rally:
When: Thursday, June 25
Time: 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
Where: 3372 Plummer Ave, New Waterford
The Cape Breton District Labour Council is a local arm of the Canadian Labour Congress. NSGEU is an affiliate of the Canadian Labour Congress through our national organization, NUPGE (National Union of Public and General Employees).
The NSGEU is encouraging members to attend this rally on Thursday in New Waterford if you are able.
Let McNeil know how you feel about his continued attacks on the labour movement, workers’ rights, rural communities and good public sector jobs.
Since getting into power, the Stephen McNeil government has:
- Attacked the collective bargaining rights of health care workers (Bill 1)
- Effectively taken away the right to strike from all health and community services workers with repressive essential service legislation (Bill 30 & 37)
- Banned the right to strike for university workers when a university is facing financial hardship (Bill 100)
- Been aggressively pursuing the privatization of public services in a number of areas including Access Nova Scotia, home support, and hospital food services.
- Cut public service jobs in communities across the province, including park staff at Whycocomagh Provincial Park and six other provincial parks, closed two Visitor Information Centres
- Cut funding to Nova Scotia’s non-profits (including those serving the blind, the deaf, seniors, and those most impoverished.)
So…., let’s join the Cape Breton District Labour Council members to “Welcome” Stephen McNeil to Cape Breton when he arrives in New Waterford on Thursday June 25th at Noon!
Gather outside 3372 Plummer Avenue in New Waterford, Cape Breton to “greet” Stephen McNeil and let him know that Cape Breton has a proud union history and that anti-union attacks will not be tolerated.
THURSDAY JUNE 25TH AT 3372 PLUMMER AVENUE IN NEW WATERFORD FROM 12:00 TO 1:00 P.M.
Please note: The union will not be covering time-off/expenses related to this event.
Don’t forget to join out NSGEU Facebook community here.