Provincial Election News and Information
With an election set for Tuesday, October 8th, we want to help our members get a sense on where the main parties stand on key labour issues. So, we sent a list of questions to party leaders, and asked them to respond. You can view our questions and their answers by clicking the image below:
We’ve also gathered some additional information about issues and events that matter to labour and to the NSGEU membership in particular during this provincial election.
- Working Together for Fairness – An Election Primer – is a great source of information as you get informed about election issues. Authored by the Christine Saulnier, Kyle Buott, and Judy Haiven for the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives, it can be found by clicking on the following link: http://www.policyalternatives.ca/publications/reports/working-together-fairness
- NS Election Town Hall: Women’s Equality & Social Justice: On Sept. 19, from 7-9 p.m. at the McNally Auditorium there was an election town hall “Women’s Equality & Social Justice with representatives from the Liberal, NDP and PC party. For the video of this event, go here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ccpa-nova-scotia
- To find out how you can vote, please visit http://electionsnovascotia.ca/
- To view the CBC debate from Sept. 25, please visit:
- The Mental Health Coalition of Nova Scotia has created a poster with a list of questions for your candidate. We have included it below. Please visit their website for more information: http://www.mentalhealthcoalitionns.info/