Speak Up for Health Care!
Dear Health Care Workers,
I am writing to you today to ask you to please take a moment to participate in the upcoming Speak Up for Health Care consultations that have begun to take place throughout the province.
I realize that many of you are burnt out and exhausted from the work you have been doing over the past 18 months, and that we are asking a lot of you by asking you to take the time to participate in this process, but it is so important that your voices are heard. As your union, we are also doing our best to arrange for meetings with the new Premier and Minister of Health and Wellness so we may advocate on your behalf, but it is absolutely critical that they hear directly from you, as well.
There are a few ways you can participate.
- Between September 20th to 23rd, Premier Houston and Minister Thompson will be touring the four zones. If you have the opportunity to speak with them in person, and you’re comfortable doing so, please share your experiences and ideas with them!
- You can register to participate in one of the scheduled Round Table sessions here: https://www.engage4health.ca/speak-up-for-healthcare/widgets/102596/key_dates#32261
- 20 September 2021 Sydney
- 21 September 2021 Truro
- 22 September 2021 Bridgewater
- 23 September 2021 Halifax
- If you cannot attend one of the sessions, you can share your feedback online here: https://www.engage4health.ca/speak-up-for-healthcare/brainstormers/tell-us-your-ideas
- You can also record a 60- to 90-second video of your ‘elevator pitch’ for the premier with your idea for addressing a pressing issue in health care and upload it here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/m6Mci8spAZMyQKNydxTo
It is imperative that leaders from this new government hear directly from you – the frontline workers – about what your challenges are, and what ideas you have for improving our health care system, if we hope to see meaningful change.
Thank you, once again, for being there to care for Nova Scotians when we have needed you most.
August 5, 2022
The Administrative Professionals Bargaining Council continues to prepare for bargaining to begin. In order to keep your bargaining unit informed,...
July 29, 2022
Dear member, In our previous update to members, we informed you that on Wednesday May 17, 2022 the Health Support...
July 22, 2022
Dear member, The Nursing Bargaining Council continues to prepare for bargaining to begin. NSGEU’s members on the committee have met...
June 29, 2022
Your Support Services Bargaining Committee (members from Unifor, CUPE and NSGEU ) would like to provide you with an update...
June 2, 2022
Today’s announced hiring of nursing school graduates by the province is welcome news to the thousands of nurses who work...
May 16, 2022
Dear member, This is to advise that all NSGEU members and guests are permitted access to the building for meetings,...
March 11, 2022
Good afternoon, The Support Services Council of Unions, which consists of members from Unifor, CUPE and NSGEU representing facilities and...
March 7, 2022
Good afternoon, We have received a decision from Arbitrator Augustus Richardson which has determined that IWK LPNs are not eligible...
February 15, 2022