Love Letters for Lab Workers
Late last week, at the suggestion of another health care worker via social media, the NSGEU asked members of the public and fellow NSGEU members to send in their messages of thanks to lab workers, who are currently processing an unprecedented number of COVID tests on a daily basis, in addition to their regular testing work.
Thank you so much for all that you are doing for your fellow Nova Scotians. We know you are feeling the strain and that this has been an incredibly trying time. We hope these notes help lift your spirits and show how much you are appreciated by all:
- Thank you so much for your hard work. We appreciate all that you do. Your teams are doing an amazing job. Thank you again!!
- Thank you so much for all your amazing work! You are the behind the scene heroes! Hugs!
- Thank you all so very much for everything you are doing to keep us safe and to help Nova Scotians get through this. We are grateful. You are the best in the country. You are ‘doing big things’.
- Hello super workers! Your hard work and efficiency is not going overlooked. Great job and thanks for your part in getting this wave we under control!
- Thank you for all your hard work. I know it can’t be easy. You are all awesome individuals! Lynne
- Thank you for everything you do each abs every day! Keep up the fantastic work
- Just want to send a short quick shout out to all you hard tired workers. Without you we wouldn’t be able to move forward :). Thank you
- Thank you for sacrificing your personal time and pushing your limits now for the greater health of our province. We appreciate you!
- Thank you so much for all your hard work getting those tests results out to us! 💗 From a home support worker!!!
- THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH for working tirelessly to help keep us safe. To help ensure we out here are doing our very best and while you are over run with test after test after test after test to help us. THANK YOU is not enough. But I will say it anyway. THANK YOU. Stay safe. Stay well.
- Thank you for EVERYTHING!! ❤️❤️❤️
- Thank you guys for what you do. Lab staff are not nearly recognized enough for the important roles you play everyday. From another healthcare worker, you guys are the real MVP’s!
- Thank you for all you do! Much love 💘
- The Annapolis Valley Labour Council President. Executive and members would like to thank all the NSGEU Members for the great work they have done during these trying times . Wishing everyone all the best and safe keeping , Always Wayne Kelley President AVLC
- Thank you for all your hard work and everything you are doing to help track Covid and keep us safe. You folks are rockstars.
- Thank you to all staff doing their part in our labs to ensure Nova Scotians are receiving Covid testing results. Each if you play a valuable role in Nove Scotia’s fight against this pandemic from cleaning staff to those responsible for the testing process and the reporting of numbers. You may not hear if enough but do know that you all are truly appreciated.
- Thank you for everything you do ♡
- Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work and dedication! You are all amazing!
- Thank you for all that you do and for getting through the backlog. It is appreciated!
- To Nova Scotia’s Lab Workers, Thank you for everything you do. We see you working hard and diligently for us! You are amazing!!! Keep your heads up, we’ll get through this together XX
- On behalf of myself and my family I just want to thank you all SO SO much for working your butts off to keep us safe!!!! You’re all amazing!!! Essential is an understatement!!!! Take care and stay safe!!!
- Thank – you!!
- What you are doing is really important and much appreciated. So sorry you are tired and working long hours. I am so happy you can do the job you do. Have faith it will get better. Thank you for being you. Rachael Porter
- Thank you ❤️❤️❤️ For keeping everyone safe. You are making a huge difference, with many sacrifices I’m sure.
- Thank you so much to those of you working in the labs, getting the the zillions of test… I, myself, am currently waiting for test results; but am so thankful to live in this province where we care about one another so much. You guys are doing a tremendous job. We know Nova Scotians have “stepped up to the plate” in regards to getting tested, one must also acknowledge the sacrifices made by those behind the scenes in making this big wheel keep turning. We will get thru this together, Nova Scotia Strong
- I want to tell you all how proud I am of you all who show up every day not knowing what you have to face. You are Brave, Strong, Appreciated, Blessed, Fearless, Caring, Selfless. I am so grateful for you all who show up and do what you have to do to protect all of us and leaving yourselves vulnerable to this monster virus. May you be safe, healthy and proud of what you are all accomplishing to keep everyone safe. Thank you with all my heart and sending hugs to each and every one of you. Thanks a billion
- Thank you for all that you do during these trying times.
- We are so proud of our lab techs in NS. HOLY COW 20,000 plus a day. As a public school principal, I’ve been tested 10 times now and I can’t thank you enough for helping me stay safe and feel safe.
- You folks are doing amazing work under extreme pressure. Please know that we are well aware of your commitment and dedication and your efforts are recognized and very much appreciated. Keep up the great work. It will very much help to pull us out of this scary situation.
- Thank you for all your hard work on the front lines to keep us safe….I know you are overwhelmed but hopefully this will calm down soon and there are brighter days ahead for us all
- Thank you for all your hard work in helping us keep track of cases and bring us back out of lockdown! You all are amazing!
- Thank you so much for all your hard work and dedication!! We see you! We support you!! Thank you!!
- Thank you so much for all your hard work and dedication!! We see you! We support you!! Thank you!!
- Keep doing what doing ,you helping a lot of people in NOVA Scotia. I know you must be tired but doing a job that many can’t. Thank you
- Thank you for your hard work! My family is very grateful for all that you’re doing. E Smith
- This is an excellent initiative. My family has sent thank you letters to Dr. Strang and others for their leadership and support during these different times. As with many things it takes a village. That is true in this case as well with many disciplines working together to collectively battle the pandemic. The role of lab staff cannot be underestimated. They have made incredible improvements to the system allowing us to stay ahead of the curve. That while maintaining all other duties as I know first hand when requiring tests for non Covid related illness. So THANK YOU for all the work you are doing.
- Please know that we recognize and APPRECIATE the hectic and amazing job you are all doing. Thank you so much! Maybe people forget to say it but we are all seeing the fruits of your labour. ❤️
- Thank you for your hard work and dedication. You are making such a difference in the lives of Nova Scotians and probably aren’t getting a whole lot of recognition. We see what you are doing and applauding!
- We are so lucky to have such an amazing team leading the country in tests per capita. We are in one of the best positions in the country due to our approach to testing and it couldn’t of even been possible without all the hard working lab staff, making sacrifices and never giving up, even though I can imagine how exhausted you all are. Stay strong, stay safe and thank you for your service. L. Best
- Your work is literally keeping people alive. It must be exhausting for you to keep this pace up day after day, week after week. Just know that the vast majority of Nova Scotians feel an incredible debt of gratitude to you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
- From the bottom of my heart goes profound vote of thanks to all those working in medical laboratories, behind the scenes, providing essential work for diagnosis, treatment and patient care. We all need you and we thank you! Mary Evans
- Our 4 year old says “”thank you for being scientists and checking my virus test. Mommy says it’s very important to get tested. Thank you!”” We thank you so much for processing tests quickly and efficiently. Sending you all much love. The Wilkies from Timberlea ♥️
- I would like to say a HUGE Thank You to all the Lab workers for their hard work !! You are a VERY important part in fighting the pandemic. <3 Janice
- Words cannot express my thanks for all the work that you guys have been and continue to do. Take care.
- Thank you for your long hours of work to help us put covid in the past. So far, you have had my swabs 4 times and each time you have given me a negative test. Thank you.
- Thank you for rising to the challenge, putting others before self and doing an amazing job. We know you are there and appreciate you all. Sincerely , Irene and Tom Rose
- Thank you for all you are doing. This is a time like no other and you guys are rocking it. My family and I are so grateful for you. Stay safe!
- THANK YOU!!!! Thank you so much for all the unprecedented work/time/stress/headaches/risk that you’ve put in over the last year! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! Steph
- Thank you so much for all you do…
- Thank you for EVERYTHING you do.
- Thank you all for the long hours and stress you have had to endure to help out our province! We cannot do this without you! 💚💚💚💚💚 The Mullin Family
- To everyone at the lab – thank you so much for your hard work. I am glad to have a chance to send my regards and admiration!
- Thank you!!! You’re doing amazing and we appreciate you so much!!!
- Thank you for all you do! You are the backbone of the fight and we appreciate you all so much.
- My family truly appreciates your ongoing commitment and service to the people of Nova Scotia every single day- we simply couldn’t provide the health care we so vitally need without each and every one of you! With sincere gratitude, Paula Prendergast
- Thank you for all you do, NS is going to beat this because you have all stepped up and done an in unthinkable amount of work. Unsung heroes of this are you!! I believe you will all be in the history books as a playback play book for how NS overcame Covid!! The dedication and commitment is greatly appreciated from my home.
- We know that you are likely too tired to read these words, but wanted to share them for when you need encouragement. Thank you to you and your families for your service to our community this year. You are the unknown and unseen professionals, providing the glut of information needed for modeling, but most importantly keeping us all safe by serving your province. My family includes seniors at home and in assisted care, pregnant moms and new babies, and we are all so grateful for your sacrifices right now. Thank you!
- Thank you so so much for all the time you’re putting into helping everyone ! I hope you all have a moment to rest and relax 🥺🧡
- Thank you for all your hard work!!!!! We are in this together.
- Thank you for all you are doing for Nova Scotians! ❤️
- Since October 2019 I’ve been battling cancer. I’ve always been impressed with the smooth systems that get my test results to my doctor so quickly and accurately. Shamefully, I’ve never thought beyond those that take the sample and the doctors that give me the results. You are the unsung healthcare workers that deserve our praise, now more than ever! I see you. I’m sorry I didn’t before. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. -Cathy Rissanen
- Thank you for all of your hard work. You may be behind the scenes but you too are the front line workers that we are so incredibly grateful to for continuing to get up and go to work each and every day and keeping the rest of Nova Scotians safe. Much love and strength to each and every one of you.
- I went for my first covid test last Saturday. I am a teacher and the last week before the schools shut down was particularly difficult. I felt like I needed a test to do my part and to make sure I was protecting not only myself and my family but also my colleagues and students. Thanks to you, I got my results on Sunday and was able go to work with less anxiety. I decided to make a covid test a part of my weekly routine. Words can’t express my gratitude for all of your hard work. You help protect us and give us peace of mind.
- Thank you so much for your invaluable, tireless and unending efforts. Without all of you and your dedication, the rest of us would be in a much worse situation. You truly are appreciated.
- With all of my heart…. I hope you have peaceful time away from your work. ❤️
- Thank you for helping us all sleep a little easier with every negative result we get. Your work is important, needed, and oh so appreciated. Please know that you are too. We know you’re tired. We know you’re exhausted. Yet you still show up. Please don’t think we haven’t noticed and don’t appreciate it immensely. Far beyond what a simple thank you can covey. This NSGEU member is sending you a socially distanced hug and heartfelt thank you. I know it is not near enough. We literally don’t have a fighting chance to beat this without you all. Take care. Be well. Stay safe. ❤️
- Thank you, thank you. Knowing how many tests have been done puts the daily number of cases in perspective. I think of you bent over your equipment treating each and every test with care. Just knowing a test is so quickly available is reassuring. Please take care of yourselves. Please know you are so very appreciated. 80 year old hardly out anywhere
- Thank you to everyone involved in the NS COVID-19 testing infrastructure, from the lab workers to the cleaning staff, for your dedication and hard work. One day when this is all behind us, you’ll tell your grandkids about the roles you played in the global pandemic of 2020-21, and they’ll rightly be proud.
- The unsung heroes of the pandemic. Thanks for the Herculean ramp up of testing and all your dedication to our healthcare system. With much gratitude, Dr Erin Gorman Corsten
- Thank you all so much fir what you do.It is greatly appreciated .💕💕
- You are the unsung heroes of this battle, of healthcare in general. Thank you for all that you do, and all the hours spent working when you had so much else you could be doing.❤️❤️❤️
- Thank you so much for your hard work!
- Thank you for all of your hard work. Us Nova Scotians appreciate everything you are doing and see how hard you’re working to keep us safe! Thank you and stay safe
- Dear lab workers, You still remain anonymous to us, even now, and I can’t direct this to any one of you specifically, but I want you to know still that this message is for whoever is reading this. I just want to thank you for your tireless work. I know it’s not easy, and it’s a thankless job. But I am so grateful to be in a province where so many people are working nonstop to allow the rest of us to live relatively normal lives. Words of thanks cannot possibly be enough to express the immensity of gratitude I have towards you.
- Thank you! Our testing strategy will be the key to our success. We are depending on you and you are stepping up!! You are all a great source of pride to your fellow Nova Scotians. Keep up the great work!!
- Hard to express how much we appreciate the work done by the labs in NS. Without your huge efforts they delay in finding positive cases would lead to a much worse situation! Thanks so much!
- We are very grateful for all our lab workers. You are dedicated to Nova Scotians, helping to keep us all safe. Be well, stay safe and take care. Delores & George Smith
- Dear Lab Workers, I am so grateful for your rigorous, careful, caring work. Thank you for for the hundreds of thousands of samples you have analyzed, the hundreds of thousands results you have sent. Your work is making so much else possible. I really appreciate it. Take care, Martha
- Dear Lab Workers, one of the ga-jillion tests you processed recently was for our newly pregnant daughter. Our joy in being first time grandparents is made possible knowing that she can be tested as needed, and the results processed quickly and efficiently. And that’s all thanks to you. Stay safe, and know your work is appreciated more than we, collectively, can ever express. DW
- Yesterday evening you sent me the “”all clear”” text we all hope to receive. I volunteered at Alderney Gate for the late afternoon/evening shift yesterday and had a test done as well. We were able to thank all the people there, in person, for the amazing, efficient, professional and friendly work they were doing. But for you, the unseen, diligent and committed people doing all the lab work, this is our opportunity to thank you. It is just a small thank you, but for a very big thing! It must be overwhelming, yet you continue on, giving us the essential news we need. We truly appreciate you!🌈
- Great job folks!! We Nova Scotians really do appreciate you. From Fall River, NS
- What an incredible pace you’ve been working at. It is reassuring to have widespread testing. I can’t imagine resolving the situation otherwise. You must be exhausted. Just know that you are appreciated!
- Thank you so much for all you do,,
- Thank you, thank you! Each of you are treasures. Your hard work is the head of the hammer that will help us smash Covid out of our province. Your tireless efforts are noticed. Stay safe! <3
- Good care can only happen with accurate test results, we know that you are at the heart of caring for us! Thank you for keeping Nova Scotia strong. Take good care of yourselves and each other!
- I can’t thank you enough for what you are doing everyday. Being able to be tested often and, more importantly rapidly, makes this pandemic less scary, more bearable. Without you, every fever and every outbreak would become a source of anxiety. A million thanks for keeping of safe and for keeping us sane!
- Thank you for keeping us safe! Thank you for staying calm and working hard while Nova Scotians are uncertain and doing their best. Including getting tested as much as possible. We know you are all likely exhausted, that the work you have dedicated yourselves to do is likely effecting the rest of your life. We thank you for your sacrifice and dedication and hope Nova Scotians will have a chance to repay the way you have stepped up.
- So much valuable work being done by so few. Thank you for your dedication to all Nova Scotians. Stay safe and we pray for an end to this pandemic soon
Submissions up to April 28th:
- Thank you so very much for your tireless work and help keeping Nova Scotians safe and informed during this pandemic! It’s truly a relief knowing that getting tested is easy, and that results will be back quickly. Again, thank you. Dr Michelle Belliveau, DDS
- I think the work you’re doing is incredible. My family has a lot of contacts, with three kids in school (one in high school) and myself teaching. We had decided before school shut down to get tested every two weeks. Our first results came back within a day – incredible, as there have been tens of thousands of tests conducted each day. You are blowing every other province out of the water. I know you must be tired, but I am so grateful for your work, especially now as my high school son has been deemed a close contact. I am proud of you, and I hope you are proud of yourself too.
- We couldn’t do this without you! Thank you, thank you, thank you all!
- Thank you so much for the work you do. This has been an extraordinary time and you have all really stepped up and gone above and beyond. I hope that you will be recognized by your employer for your awesomeness. Keep up the great work and thanks again for all you are doing to help Nova Scotians fight this pandemic and stay healthy.
- THANK YOU! I was an MLT for many years and I still can’t truly appreciate how much stress you must be under at this time. This sustained level of testing over an extended period of time must be draining. You are superheroes. THANK YOU – you are appreciated more than you know. Lab folks are the unsung heroes of the healthcare system. Thanks for all you do! ~Kim Curlett and family (we’ve had about 15 tests between us so far!)
- I am a rotational worker in Alberta. Actually, I’m a front-line worker (Advanced Care Paramedic) working in the oil and gas industry. My work site has approximately 2500 people, one of the bigger sites North of Fort McMurray. We are being hit hard, but as a front-line worker follow very strict protocols and proper use of PPE keeps me safe. My big worries come into play during my fly days back and forth. I do my best to protect myself during these travel periods, but I still land home wondering, did I come in contact with COVID? I get tested three times during my days off. Now I’m here to tell you getting swabbed sucks, but I am so thankful for the peace of mind that comes with my test results. I usually get tested early in the am and have my test results back later that day. Which in itself is a huge feat. It’s been a long haul so far and the end is nowhere to be seen. Things are actually getting worse from where I’m standing. But with your help and hard work we will get through this. So again. Thank you thank you thank you for all the work you do in keeping us here in Nova Scotia safe. Your hard work is not going unnoticed. Stephen D
- Thanks for all your hard work – it is much appreciated!!!
- Winston Churchill apparently once said, “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” Some days may feel like hell for you (or may not) but please know, you are helping us all get through this hell. We recognize your expertise, your hard work, and your power to turn the tide. Thank you for all that you have done, are doing, and will continue to do for all Nova Scotians. We’re sending you our love, we’re rooting for you, and every day when those testing numbers come out, we are proud to have you on our team! Your efforts will go into the history books. Keep going. <3
- ‘Thank you’ doesn’t seem like enough for the essential work you do each day. Please know that you are thought of and appreciated. Four of my nearest and dearest have needed tests and I am so grateful for your diligence in providing timely results to ease our stress. I hope you find time to rest and take care of yourself. With love and gratitude… JM
- You are so appreciated. Your work is helping keep us all safe and I for one appreciate all you are doing. Thank you. — Angela Reynolds
- Thank you SO much to the lab workers! I’ve had a number of symptomatic and asymptomatic tests over the past year and I’m so grateful for the quick turn around and availability. I work with the elderly and keeping them safe is a top priority. It’s been a long, hard, year, especially for you all, but I wanted to give a great big thank you for your important work.
- Thank you so much for all that you do behind the scenes, especially, while you risk your own health! Without you, we would have been in a much worse position throughout this whole pandemic! And now we have the record of testing more tests per capita than any other province! Thanks for your hard work and dedication!
- How nice! I can send thanks to lab workers! My mom (1925-2018) was trained as a med tech, she would have been so proud of her profession these days. And so am I of course. I’ve had three tests; results came back quickly (all negative) – thank you!
- Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication to the health and well-being of all Nova Scotians. I hope that you know that you are truly appreciated. Please remember to take of yourselves as well. I have no doubt that you are very stressed and under immense pressure, but you are in everyone’s thoughts in these trying times. We would be in a much worse place without all of this testing and quick turnaround of results and that is down to each of you. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Take care, Lisa
- I am thankful for you. You are so appreciated. Thank you Thank you Thank you!
- Thank you from my family, my hockey family. We were at an exposure site. Low risk. But without your dedication I wouldn’t have peace of mind. Thank you, I am sure you are exhausted. Truly appreciate your time. Big hugs to you and your families.
- I had a test at Twin Oaks here in Musquodoboit Harbour. The women working there were so kind and reassuring. It’s not just what you do, but how you do it. Thank you so much.
- Thank you all so much for your dedication and hard work for the province. You are the secret sauce of keeping this virus at bay. We appreciate you all. Take care and know your work isn’t going unnoticed. Much respect, Sandra
- Huge thanks to all the lab workers for the vital work you do – very much appreciated by all Nova Scotians ♥️
- You incredible Laboratory workers cast a safety net over my Son, Daughter-in-Law and their early sweet baby. Three weeks later, the incredible work and kindness shared at multiple testing sites and particularly the one I attended today just brought tears of thanks which I saved for the car. No safe moment at the Mayflower super well organized covid test line for real hugs but I’d love to virtually hug Sonya. So much safer I’ll be to visit my little grandson and thanks to all of you for doing your best to help all HRM citizens.
- Oh my goodness! I can’t even imagine where we would be without you! The work you do is literally helping to save our world 💗 Thank you isn’t enough. There are really no words. We love you!
- Thank you for taking time away from your families for the betterment of your Province! There are better days ahead because of you! Take good care of yourselves and each other. You got this!!
- I am so proud of the vital work you all are doing to keep Nova Scotians informed and safe. Please know how much you are appreciated. Thank you sincerely.
- Roses are red, Covid is horrid, On April 27th, we had 96 cases reported.
- Thank you, lab workers. We love you! You must be so exhausted from an entire year of working so hard. We all appreciate and support this behind the scene work you and all your colleagues have done. I’m in Inverness Cape Breton. Please come visit all the beaches this summer, when I hope every single lab person will get vacation to relax and enjoy the beautiful land we all love. Take care. Remember how much love there is bursting towards you all!! Xo
- Thank you for working so fast when we need you to! You are amazing! From an ICU nurse
- Thank you from this public health nurse. You are all amazing. Xoxoxo
- Thank you for all of the hard work everyone is doing behind the scenes. Because of all of you working tirelessly we are able to stay safe & because of your hard work processing our tests I can rest easier knowing my family and friends are safer. All of the hard work each and every one of you put in every single day is something that I will never forget. From the bottom of my heart thank you
- Even though the Covid situation in NS is getting scary again, one of the main things that gives me hope is the incredible testing capacity of this province. Being able to obtain asymptomatic testing on a regular basis has provided peace of mind. Additionally, the news that NS has the highest testing rate per capita in Canada makes me incredibly proud. The sense of community and care is a silver lining in this pandemic, and that would not be possible without the hours and hours of hard work you’ve completed in the labs. Thank you for taking care of me, my family, my community, and my province. I’m sending love to all of you, and I hope that you’ll get some rest in the near future.
- One family of five with at least 18 tests this year! Your hard work has kept us studying, teaching, dancing, playing, kicking and living our lives in the safest place in Canada. We know how hard it is right now. We send you all our love and strength. And you know, a box of Timbits!
- I can’t express how grateful I am to work and live in such a compassionate province with such committed Union employees. You guys deserve raises and lots of time off to do whatever, after this plague is smacked upside the head with vaccines. Thank you from the bottom of my 💖💓.
- Thank you, thank you, thank you SO much for all that you do. The world is a safer place because of you, and you are so appreciated. Sending lots of love!!!
- My girlfriend was a cancer patient and routinely needed blood work. she was admitted to hospital a couple times in December and March and while not ideal, I couldn’t see her until she had the results of her COVID test. thanks to your hard work I was at least able to see her the next day after she got her results.it was so hard not to be able to be with her during those initial days in such trying times. thanks to your hard work and commitment, I was able to see her the next day. Soooo hard not to be with her. I didn’t want her to be alone. I hope you realize the impact of what you do has on individuals and families. these are difficult and trying times. THANK YOU for what you do.❤️
- Thank you for your hard work! It is so appreciated. Your long hours are so valued by all of us in NS. You are a health care hero!
- Thank you for your hard work. You are a pivotal part of our province getting through this pandemic. You are all awesome! Keep Smiling!!
- We went yesterday for our tests. All the volunteers were so nice, friendly and professional. The ones gentleman who did my test was very patient with me as I was a bit nervous. He explained me the whole process and everything went well. On the top of all that, kudos to you guys, behind the scene who are working so hard to give us the results. Awesome job, keep on going and a big thank you to every one of you. Monica and Dennis
- Thank you for your hard work! Without you guys, we wouldn’t make it— you are all the backbone of Nova Scotia. We are proud of you!
- You are seriously amazing, and the amount of testing NS is able to do because of your hard work is nothing short of incredible. Please know how grateful we all are and how quickly you are able to get results to people is so appreciated.
- Thank you for all your hard work and dedication! It’s amazing! You are so appreciated!!
- Thank you for working so hard to keep our province safe! Without you, we would be lost. Keep up the amazing work and know that everything you are doing is appreciated.
- Thank you so much for your hard work! Your work is so appreciated and please know Nova Scotians are sending so much love to all lab workers! Xoxoxo Lots of love and stay safe!
- We cannot thank you enough for your hard work, long hours, and personal sacrifice to help your fellow Nova Scotians. I hope you know how much we appreciate you, and the respect we have for the work you do each and every day to keep our families safe. Thank you so much, you really do make us Nova Scotia proud!
Submissions up to April 27th
- You’ve seen my tests come through your labs more than once and I appreciate that daily so do thousands of other tests. You’ll be seeing my kids’ tests this week in an attempt to keep schools safe. Without you many wouldn’t be able to sleep at night, gripped in fear for 2 weeks after even just a possibility of exposure. Thank you for everything you do for the health and mental health of Nova Scotians.
- You’re amazing!! We appreciate you so much, your work is invaluable. An emerg nurse 🙂
- Thanks for all that you are doing to help with this pandemic!!!! Very much appreciated. You are a large part of the unsung heroes.
- I went in for a Covid test at the pop-up site in Dart Crossing yesterday with no appointment. There was no lineup, so I was in and out in 10 min. Such an efficient and warm group of volunteers! Thank you to the whole team! I left feeling proud to be Nova Scotian.
- Thank you for working hard for all Nova Scotians! Love Kim
- Please, take a moment to relax and recharge yourself. You are loved, you are important, you have value. While things may seem overwhelming at times, you are a connected part of making a difference. Your individual efforts matter. Reach out to your fellow coworkers and share your frustrations and joys. Take some deep breaths (and either close your eyes if possible or allow your glasses to fog up if you are wearing a mask haha). Picture your muscles relaxing from the top of your head down to your eyebrows and relax your tongue and jaw, stretching your neck and make sure each part of your body is made as comfortable as possible. Keep working your way down, noticing how your breathing becomes deep and easy and each breath brings you new, fresh oxygen revitalizing your entire body. When you reach your feet, feel how you are connected to the Earth and the people of Nova Scotia. Feel the warmth reaching up and wrapping you in a hug. Find that spark of strength within you, straighten your spine, and let that spark grow and cover you like a shield of protection, allowing you to move and continue on with your important work. You are loved, you are important, you have value. Be safe and take care, one day at a time.
- I can’t imagine the challenge and workload you’re facing. I hope you know how deeply it is appreciated. Your work is so vital and is truly saving many lives in our province. Thank you for everything you do. Your work is SO important and we are so grateful for you!
- Thank you for being the one constant in our daily routine. You deserve all the thanks, because you are truly hands-on. Thank you for working hard to protect us. Much respect and many thank you’ s.
- I keep coming back to this open letter, and there is just no way I can express to you all how thankful I am for your continuing dedication to keeping us safe by making sure we get our test results quickly and accurately. Thank you so much. We have better days ahead, and you are part of the reason. ❤️
- Thanks for everything you do! ❤️
- You will never know how much we all appreciate you. You are making a difference in the lives of so many. Keep safe!
- Thank you for all you do in keeping us safe!!
- Thank you for all you do ❤️ Thank you for keeping us safe ❤️
- THANK YOU for working so hard!!
- You are doing a fantastic job! I couldn’t do mine if you didn’t do yours – thanks for all your hard work!
- As a fellow NSGEU member, I feel the immense pressure that this pandemic has brought on. As a nurse, I thank you for your hard work and efficiency to get swabs done quickly for our patients. As a patient, I thank you for getting these swabs done quickly so we can have lifesaving treatment, to get back to a normal life. You’re behind the scenes, but you are not forgotten about and I cannot express how grateful I am for each and every one of you. Bless you, take good care of yourself, and remember how appreciated you are! 🙂
- Nova Scotians province-wide will forever be indebted to all of the amazing health professionals that continue to raise the bar in the madness. Many, many thanks to everyone working “behind the scenes”, our everyday Covid Heroes!!!! Stay safe! Valerie George, Antigonish, NS
- Waiting is so nerve wrecking – thank you for processing as fast as you can. ♥️
- Thank you SO MUCH for your dedication and excellence in what you do. I hope you feel well supported and appreciated. And I hope someday in the near future you get some well-deserved rest. In solidarity, a fellow NSGEU member and healthcare worker
- You all are rock stars! NS is doing an incredible amount of testing every day and you all keep stepping up and exceeding. We appreciate you so much ❤️
- Thank you so much for all of your hard, selfless work. I know it has been extremely long hours and being in the pandemic for over a year, it is difficult to keep going. The work you are doing is making a difference and I am very grateful. Keep up the awesome work. On the days you are tired and stressed, know that your work is really important and appreciated!!
- Thanks for the risks you take and the testing you do to keep us safe! Much appreciated! John Delaney
- Thank you! We can’t beat this without you.
- Deep appreciation and gratitude to what you do. Thanks for giving your energy and focus. We’ll do our part to help turn this around so you can get a break soon.
- I appreciate your hard work and dedication. You may be behind the scenes, but you aren’t forgotten. Thanks!
- I’ve been tested three times! Thank you, so reassuring.
- Thank you for all your extended hours and hard work in making Nova Scotia safe! Because of you we’re able to get on top of cases and buckle down faster. We’re all living one day at a time and for without you guys working behind the scenes, we wouldn’t be where we’re at today! Xoxox
- THANK YOU! <3
- So good to get tested near home last week. …relaxed, professional…great people ….it all went so fast …. thanks always…….E
- With respect and deep gratitude to you, and to your families: thank you for all you’re doing! Take good care💝.
- You people are rock stars! Thanks!
- You all are the real MVPs. Thanks for everything you do. Much love
- Thank you for keeping us safe through your work. We owe you our health!
- Thank you for all of your “behind the scenes” work to keep our communities safe! Don’t forget to take care of yourselves too 🙂
- To our lab workers: Wela’lioq, thank you, merci. Like all Nova Scotians, I am incredibly grateful for your hard work processing Covid tests (amidst your other lab work) and helping to keep us all safe during such difficult times. You are a big reason why our province has had one of the best pandemic responses in the world. Yay science, yay you!!! I hope you’re all finding time for self-care when you’re not in the lab. You deserve it. Love to all, Jenn xo
- Thank you, thank you, thank you!! We will get this under control. Staying the blazes home here to do our part. You are doing an amazing job getting results out to everyone in incredible turn around. Stay strong. You are rocking it!!! ❤
- Thank you, thank you, thank you! I don’t know how else to say it. I’m sure many of you are “at the end of your rope”. Please know that what you do is so appreciated. You are saving lives. I’m a retired family doctor. I think I have some insight into what your daily lives are like. THANK YOU!
- Thank you for everything you do. Not only for the COVID testing, which are unbelievable, but for all of the lab tests that you process. You are directly making a difference for us all, and it is appreciated more than you will ever know.
- Thank you for your diligence and speed! My usual clients (rotational workers) appreciate you very much, especially now that they must isolate from their families until they receive results. Thank you from all of us!
- You are amazing and all of us Nova Scotians appreciate your diligence and commitment. Thank you so much!
- Dear lab workers, you are working so hard and doing an amazing job. Thank you for being such a key part to our success in staying safe and healthy. I hope you are doing well and looking after your own wellness too.
- You guys are rock stars!! Like, Beyoncé level rock stars! You have done so much to keep us safe over the last year. Every time we have been challenged you have found another gear to process so many tests. Without you, each of the waves would have been much more serious. Thank you for showing up every day and working the crazy hours! I’m grateful for all that you do! Katie A
- So appreciate all of the work that you are doing to keep us safe. Your professionalism and dedication set you apart. I hope that you are all proud of the work you are doing! You give us an important reason to be proud to be Nova Scotians.
- You are all amazing and it cannot be understated how important your work is to us. Thank you so much for everything you do.
- Know that your work is appreciated. Keep up the great work of keeping all Nova Scotians safe!
- Thank you so much for helping us all get through this!! We really appreciate it!!
- Thank you for all your hard work you do. We appreciate everything you do!
- I went for my first Covid test today at the Mayflower Curling Club. The staff from start to end were friendly, patient, and informative. Thank you for all you are doing on the front lines. Thank you goes out to the lab workers behind the scenes working round the clock to process Covid tests. Nova Scotia would never get through this without your efforts. Leah Gillis
- Hi! Thank you so much for all of your hard work during the pandemic. Your dedication to your job is incredible! I know you are tired and burnt out but please know that you are valued and appreciated by us all. We love you! Thank you for keeping us safe!
- Thank you for your invaluable contribution to keeping us all safe. I am so very grateful.
- Stay safe and healthy. Thank you for your service.
- Dear lab workers. Whenever we praise health care workers, I think of you. Without your expertise and dedication to your field… we would be in the dark. A million thank yous dear people. You fill my heart with awe. 🥰❤😊👏
- Thank you so much for your tireless commitment to the health off Nova Scotians. You guys rock, and we appreciate it. Sending ❤️👏🏻👏🏻❤️💐your way. Donna
- Thank you SO much for how efficient, how accurate, and how AMAZING your work is. Thank you for doing your part to keep Nova Scotians safe, and in-the-know!
- Dear lab workers, Thank you so much for your tireless efforts. They are greatly appreciated. Sending many hugs, full of gratitude. J.S.
- Thank you SO much for working tirelessly to keep all of us safe. We rely on you completely for accurate information that guides decisions daily, and you step up every time. It amazes me to think how much your day to day lives must have changed to accommodate the testing that is now our new norm. Please know that we appreciate and value the work that you do 24-7. Thank you!!
- I’ve had four covid tests and since I was diagnosed with cancer in December, have had all sorts of tests requiring your capable work. You guys are so integral to our provincial healthcare and we can never thank you enough, but from one grateful patient, thank you for everything you do and are continuing to do day in and day out.
- Thank you very much for your hard work over the last 13 months. Please stay safe. Jorge
- Thanks so much for doing such hard work every day! Keep safe ❤
- You’re the backbone of our provincial safety net. The most important work is often silent and done without appropriate fanfare, but that makes it no less important, impressive, and admirable. Thank you.
- Thank you thank you thank you for your incredible dedication and hard work! It’s been a long haul, and you’ve never wavered and even continued to ramp up productivity. I’m amazed!
- Thank you all so much for what you do day in and day out. You are all truly appreciated. Kim, LPN in long term care.
- Sending a big thank you to all of the hard-working individuals in Halifax’s labs. Nova Scotia is the envy of the world due in large part to the work you do every day!
- You are all heroes. I am so thankful for what you’ve done, what you’ve sacrificed, and for what you continue to do. You are the real MVP of all this.
- Thank you for all you do to help keep us safe!!! Keep up the great work!!!
- Thanks for all that you do!! Sandra Mullen 1st VP NSGEU
- A huge thank you to all of the NSGEU members who are working behind the scenes to process and analyze not only regular lab samples, but the huge amount of Covid tests. Please know that you are very much appreciated! Pauline (NSGEU member)
- Ghosts are quite scary, and covid is too. But I feel much safer all thanks to you.
- I’d like to say a thanks oh to all the members who have been working extremely hard during this pandemic and who have been willing to put themselves out there. From custodial staff, who now have to spend even more of their time making sure everything is clean and sanitized, to lab technicians who have test after test to run, to nurses and pharmacists and everyone in between who must be tired but continue to work, I really appreciate it. So, thanks. Thanks for showing up to work and doing your job and helping us all get through this little by little. I appreciate it. Jocelyn
- Hi there, if you could pass along this message to lab workers, nurses, covid testers, covid vaxers and anyone and everyone working in healthcare to maintain our system during this time: Hello to every single one of you working harder than Santa’s elves could ever dream of. Around the clock it seems like you have processing test after test, swabbing all the noses, giving everyone their doses. On behalf of our entire province, from every single one of us, we would not be here without you. Thank you, for everything, we see you, we feel you, we have our health because of you. I wish I could do more, you all deserve everything, sending so much love and gratitude.
- I’ll keep it brief since you are possibly the busiest people in the province right now but wanted to write down how I hope you all know we feel inside which is THANK YOU and WE LOVE YOU. You have risen to every challenge, you must work tirelessly, and while you may be behind the scenes, we think of you every day when we see the Covid updates. There is no number of tests too big for you to process and we are safer because of you. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You are all amazing 🤩💗🙌🏻
- Sending all my appreciation to Nova Scotia’s lab workers! Thanks for your incredible efforts to provide safe and reliable (and fast!) testing. Warmly, Nicole
- I was hoping that you could pass along a HUGE thank you to the lab workers who are working tirelessly to test Nova Scotians and keep Nova Scotians safe against COVID-19! Most of the work that they do may not be front facing to the public, but I really appreciate their work in testing Nova Scotians throughout the pandemic. Seeing their continued efforts in increasing the daily tests being administered (6,000 tests in a day is amazing!) is something that I am extremely thankful for – these workers make me proud to be Nova Scotian. Kind regards, Sierra
- Please pass along my deepest gratitude to the lab workers of this province who are working at a 6000 test-per-day rate to keep this province safe. This is extraordinary. Sincerely and in solidarity, Martha
May 7, 2021
This article appeared in the Spring 2021 issue of our quarterly magazine, The Union Stand: On January 15th, 2021, the...
May 7, 2021
Current Opportunities Employee Relations Officer 2 Closing May 10, 2021
May 7, 2021
Many of Nova Scotia’s home care workers are being denied appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as the third wave of...
May 6, 2021
On May 10th please join workers and families from coast-to-coast in an E-Rally organized by the Stand With Asians Coalition (SWAC) from 9 – 10...
May 6, 2021
The NSGEU has been informed of a number of COVID exposures within the 811 call centre, which is operated by...
May 6, 2021
Local 21-Emergency Medical Care Inc.: Notification of media release sent earlier today about EMCI’s failure to protect our members
Dear members, Earlier today President Jason MacLean sent a letter (click here to view) to your employer regarding the exposures...
May 6, 2021
Dear members, We have sent the following letter to Premier Iain Rankin, Chief Medical Officer Dr. Robert Strang, and Tracey...
May 5, 2021
With continuing community spread in Nova Scotia, NSGEU President Jason MacLean wrote Premier Rankin, today May 5, 2021, encouraging him...
May 4, 2021
This article appeared in the Spring 2021 issue of our quarterly magazine, The Union Stand: Unions fight for many things...